Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Big guy

Jay is over a month old now, and had his one month appointment today.
He weighs 10 pounds, 15 ounces. The doctor asked Kelsea if she sure she wasn't supplementing his diet with formula. She's sure.

He is a big baby.
I think I look somber in this picture because I used the timer with no flash, and it was the second of a burst. I probably thought Jay would turn out blurry like he did in most of the other shots with no flash.

In other areas of our lives, I planted a vegetable garden. I got tomato, pepper, and watermelon starters, and planted pumpkin, cucumber, zucchini, peas, carrots, and basil seeds. I put it in on the side of our house where there used to be two huge bushes. I had to prune the bushes back to nothing to make room for the garden, and just as I had cut one of the bushes back to practically nothing, the other one bloomed with tons of nice little yellow flowers. Kelsea thought the boughs were fake because they looked so nice. So I decided not to kill them completely. I left one branch one the second bush, and the first bush has already sprouted a few new branches. I'll see if they can co-exist with my vegetable garden. I'll try to find a before picture and take a similar after picture. And hopefully we'll get some vegetables!

1 comment:

randivon said...

He is getting so big! Lisa is a big baby... but it just makes people smile when they see her chubby arms and legs. And that is cool about your garden... we never quite got to that in our last house... maybe in our next one.