Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yard

First of all, this is our garden:
There's no way to get a good picture of it in good light, but we have tomato plants, pepper plants, basil, carrots, peas, watermelon, pumpkin, zucchini, and cucumbers. We've already eaten some tomatoes, peas, and a tiny carrot. Zucchini aren't far away, and the rest are all looking promising. I like the size of our garden: it's very manageable, but big enough to give us some good veggies. Holly and Mia have been loving the peas.

Now here are some pictures of the little front yard section that is done.
It's your basic desert landscaping, low water usage, high shade plan. It'll take a few years to get the shade tree to do its job, but the girls enjoy the retaining wall as a little bench. Mia liked the fire hydrant, too. I think they were excited to realize we have a fire hydrant in our yard.

And of course, Jay. These glasses aren't really his color, but he still looks cool. He even seemed to enjoy them. He wasn't crying, at least.
Also, we're going to get rid of that shed, and park there. Anyone think we could move that thing (and give it to someone else), or would I have to disassemble it? Anyone want it?

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the photo of Jay in the shades. Gardening is a very romantic notion to me, but I know that I just don't have the patience (or at this point a yard) for it. I wonder if carrots would taste better if I grew them myself ...

Highland Hussy said...

Is it sad that I want the infomercial upside-down tomato plant? I think it would be cool. Your girls are so gorgeous, and your boy is definitely a lady killer! Tell Kelsea I say hi, and good luck with the whole shed thing.