Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Family pictures

On Saturday, we went to my parents' house to have pictures taken. My sister and her family are visiting from Colorado, and it had been a while since our last family picture. After fretting about a photographer, Marissa, (who Tacy and I went to high school with) came and took some good pictures. Here is our official family portrait:
Marissa commented that my dad looks like he is comfortably hovering. I noticed who barely got off the ground. Tacy claims she has "bad jump timing." Yeah Tacy, I believe that. I'm also surprised that I look to have jumped as high as anyone, since all of my younger siblings have played volleyball in high school, and some played tennis. Granted, it's a jump for a picture, and Matt and Chris were wearing matching sandals, but still. For reference, we're lined up oldest to youngest.

Ok, fine, it's not really our official family portrait, and I haven't even seen the pictures Marissa took, with this exception. Here's the link to the Facebook album [link disabled, email me to see them] I made of the pictures I took.

Also, one note on graduation. My little sister's high school graduation is today. She thinks she'll be a CHS alumni. Of course, she'll be an alumna. As a Latin-based word, all forms are present in English, so alumna is correct, even in English, and alumni is only correct for more than one male graduate, or a group of male and female graduates. You know those license plate holders that say, for example, UNLV alumni? I could never get one of those, because I'm only one graduate, but I would buy a UNLV alumnus license plate holder in a heartbeat. I've often considered ordering a BYU alumni license plate holder, because that would actually be accurate, as Kelsea and I both graduated from BYU.

4 comments:

randivon said...

Wow... you are so totally random. It is good to know the correct usage of the word "alumni". Can you still say you are and "alumn"? Does that work?
In any account, I love your family pictures... although the ones Marissa took are markedly better then the ones you took. :-)

Bonnie said...

Dee, you're such a nerd! But the family picture is cool. And thanks again for dinner--it was fun to see you guys and hang out.

Dee said...

yes, Alum works for all, or "alumn" with a silent "n". And of course Marissa took better pictures than I did. Mine were candids, or improvised, with a lower quality camera. Plus, she's a professional.

Highland Hussy said...

Dee you are too funny...would it be weird if Itold you that I quite often get on words like that? My pet peeve is "I" you know, when people say, "Just between you and I" or "the baby went down for Bob and I"
I really can't stand that!
Or cactuses...it is cacti! or at the very least say cactus for both singular and plural! grr...ok I'm done