Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The scariest day of the year

This is about Halloween, not politics.

On Halloween, we went to a trunk or treat at the church. Despite the fact that our ward had been discontinued the week before, most of the Hazelcrest Ward was there. Well, a lot anyway. Holly dressed up as a princess, Mia dressed up as a flapper, Kelsea wore the wings and halo she bought for Mia and was an angel, and I went as a zombie. I realize that my makeup was not very well done, but it was last minute, and pretty good for the amount of time it took me.


Holly and Mia got excited about scaring people. They like to yell "boo," and hear the appropriate response: "AAAA!" Mia did this to Kelsea when she woke up grumpy from a nap on Sunday. I do it if they come looking for me. To them, it is just as fun to be scared as it is to scare. Go figure. They got lots of candy, and I love that they don't claim it. We just call it the Halloween candy, and we let them have some pretty often, as long as they ate dinner or lunch, but they don't throw fits about needing more, or claim that it's theirs. Which is really pretty great.


Finally, Kelsea modified Mia's costume especially for her. My mom bought a few clearance costumes (as is her custom shortly before or after Halloween and other major holidays), and one was an adult Flapper costume. Mia was excited about it and wore it around for a while, even though it was about a foot too long for her. So Kelsea decided to alter it to her size, and she did a great job!

1 comment:

randivon said...

Wow... that flapper dress turned out so great. Your girls are so adorable! And I love the live action look of the picture of Mia. Well done. Well done. I miss you guys!