Friday, October 3, 2008

Boy oh boy!

Here's the full scoop on the baby. The due date is March 10, 2009.

Huh, I guess there wasn't that much more to tell after all.

Well, anyway, we've been looking at baby boy names, and I think it's kind of funny. Kelsea showed me a list of about 30 names she sort of liked, and asked me to cross some out that I didn't like. So I did, but apparently I didn't cross enough off, so then she crossed off most of them, and told me to think about Tanner. Personally, I like lots of names, I just don't think any of them are right. I mean none of these names matter until the baby is actually born. And we change our minds enough that I don't want to go around telling everyone the baby will be named something, cause it probably won't end up that way. That's not to say it won't be Tanner, but we would probably change our minds at least twice (maybe coming back to Tanner, but probably not.)

I always liked the idea of naming our kids from the Bible. It hasn't worked out that way for our girls, but there are a lot fewer girl names in the Bible than boy names. And there's one of two problems with boy names in the Bible. One; they're too common, like Adam, Jacob and Michael. Not that those names are bad, but we want something a little less common. (You know, like Dee or Kelsea). The other problem with male Bible names is that they're too unusual. I know, I always complain. But think about Japheth, Naphtali, Nehemiah, Mordecai. I liked the name Zadok (biblical), but Kelsea thinks it's too weird. We may have a possibility in Eli or Elijah, but time will tell.

Feel free to make suggestions in you comments. Unless you're the type of person who would be offended if I ignored your suggestion. If you're that type of person, please, no suggestions.

4 comments:

Molly said...

What about Asher? I kind like it, and Dee is the one who suggested it. Boy names are hard. I like Evan, Justin, and Kyler Cole. Good luck on deciding.

Erin said...

Well, I am certainly excited for you guys to be having a boy and to be having your 3rd... I mean, catch up! Doesn't everyone have 3 kids in 3 years?--- Anyways, I find boy names to be particularly difficult. It took us forever to come up with Owen. We wanted something not common but not weird (though I think Owen is kind of common but I just didn't realize it). I am going to think on a few names for you. I am not a big biblical name person, but I will think and let you know what I come up with. Hope Kelsea is feeling well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I like the name Elijah, but you can ignore my suggestion. I don't mind. The name Adam is a GREAT name BTW.