Thursday, April 23, 2009

Legal problems

In the interest of having more posts appeal to more people, I'm trying to think of amusing anecdotes to share that don't always have to do with raising little kids. Sometimes people don't appreciate potty-training stories like they should. And in our family, Kelsea has all the good stories, and I usually tell them second-hand. Even the last post about bugs attacking the playroom was corrected by Kelsea in her very first blog comment ever. So, I've been trying to think of amusing work stories I could share.

The problem with sharing amusing work stories on my blog is that my blog is on the internet, and the internet is not private. My blog is also not private, but I'm sure you all knew that much, since you're here. I've always been careful to not share too much on this blog, and even limit the descriptions of events to prevent search engines from pulling out random words and directing undesired traffic here. Most people don't think about that, probably, or they just make the blog private, but I've thought about it.

Finally, to the point: I have lots of funny stories about work, but I can't share them. While I could withhold certain details to make it difficult for anyone to figure out who I'm talking about, every single thing I work on is confidential. Sometimes just knowing what I'm doing and what case I'm working on could potentially damage my client. At some point, after representation ends, I will be able to share some of these stories, but right now, the only funny stories I can think of involve ongoing cases. So instead of sharing those stories, how about I share a bit of wisdom gleaned from someone else's stupidity?

Today's bit of wisdom: Do not run across a busy street at night. It doesn't matter if you are in the crosswalk or not, people can't always see you. Also, related to that, if you are driving and approach an intersection where pedestrians might be present, you should slow down, at least a little.

1 comment:

randivon said...

This post was funny to me... mostly because it was on the longer side but most of it was a disclaimer about privacy. :-) But I do love the advice... not that it was exactly pertinent to my life right now (because I do not do much walking around town yet alone running across streets) but it is helpful to have a reminder to look for the less, um... thoughtful (?) people out there.
Oh... and potty training stories are always intriguing to me. :-)