Monday, August 26, 2013

Sweeps II

It has been a long time since I posted anything, and mostly that's because I don't think of anything that I think is interesting enough to post. But I noticed a couple of old posts that I should update.

The first is the one about the trees in my front yard. They're fine. Definitely not poisoned. The one that was almost completely dead now is almost the size was when it was last healthy. It can take the heat, but apparently isn't very drought tolerant.

The second is the post about Sweeps. In July, we were actually involved in sweeps, and we filled out a TV viewing diary. As I promised on facebook and on my original post, no reality-tv shows were included. The shows in that post were Glee, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, The Sing-Off. I was happy to record watching Jeopardy several times, as well as Sesame Street and The Big Bang Theory. No reality TV was viewed in our home during that time.

Since then, however, we have enjoyed a few unscripted programs. Monday night on NBC has been the best. American Ninja Warrior is followed by Bear Grylls' Get Out Alive. The first is more of a game show, and though the second is a reality show, it's not as catty or underhanded as survivor or big-brother (or Glee or Honey Boo-Boo or whatever else). It's a survival skills competition, in teams, and Bear decides who gets eliminated each week.

Dang that's boring. Sorry for making you read that.

Who do you call when you need your pants hemmed in hurry?
Taylor Swift.

That's slightly better. Not funny, but less boring. Good enough that I can stop.

No comments: