Monday, May 10, 2010

Flowers for Mom



Happy Mother's Day Everyone! I hope your Mother's Day was as good as mine was. On Saturday morning I went to get my haircut. I came home to find Mother's Day surprises: As I walked up to the front door I found my first gift, a ceramic bear poking out of a log that says "welcome." Inside on the table were flowers and a card. Holly and Mia picked out some pretty flowers that are also pretty bright. The kids were so happy to have me home so they could show me the flowers and the cookie cake they bought for me. The kids must have enjoyed giving me flowers because later it turned into an ongoing game. Holly and Mia would make various bouquets with silk flowers and then deliver them to me. Each time expecting me to gush over their thoughtful gift. Then they would collect the flowers so they could make another arrangement for me. I was so spoiled; I received flowers all day long.

Jay even brought me flowers! Dee took Jay out during Sunday school and let me sit and listen to the lesson. Half way through, they came back, and Jay was holding a little yellow flower that he picked outside. Jay climbed up on the bench next to me and reached out his little hand to give me the flower. Awwwww! I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Kelsea said...

I think I am going to go finish off my cookie cake. Mmmmm cookie cake.