Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trip pictures

Ok, here are the best of the pictures I took on my trip to Elko. Most of them aren't actually from Elko since I was working while I was there. I'll keep the captions short and sweet, and below the pictures.
This made me laugh: the display of an irrigated garden with sprinklers right down the middle.

Salt Lake temple, as seen from the top of the conference center

Sunset in Tooele. (Alternate caption: Choose the Right.)

My hotel room in Elko. The decor had the right feel.

Me, not smiling.

The hotel pool; it was probably frozen.

A view of a mountain with an E on it, and the trailer park that was adjacent to my hotel.

My rental car.

Deeth Star Valley, which I assume is where they invented and/or built the Deeth Star.

Me, at Bonneville Salt Flats, contemplating the salty flat expanse.

Me and Jay, sleeping after a long trip. Jay didn't go on the trip, but he was as tired as I was.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Deeth Star. Funny. I wonder how this whole, write-your-letter-on-the-side-of-a-mountain thing got started.

Dee said...

I've wondered the same thing Amy. It seems particularly odd in places like Elko where it's put on a very non-prominent hill.